Upon receipt of the specifications of the vessel and the appropriate documentation, Cayman Management will attend to registration.
The Cayman Island Shipping Registry offers registration in the Cayman Islands at any one of the following ports of registry:
- George Town – the financial centre of the Cayman Islands
- The Creek – in Cayman Brac
- Bloody Bay – in Little Cayman
The procedure involves the completion of a number of standard forms and dealing with a number of formalities for example approval of the proposed name for a vessel and appointment of an authorised officer or agent in the case of corporate ownership. The application to register should be accompanied by certain supporting documentation for example
- Builder’s Certificate
- Bill of Sale
- Certificate of Good Standing (or equivalent)
- Certificate of Incorporation (for company owned yachts)
- Certificate of Survey and International Tonnage Certificate
- Certified copy of Passport (for individually owned yachts)
Once the Registrar of Shipping is satisfied with all documentation, a Carving and Marking Note is issued to the owner and the Registrar issues a Certificate of British Registry along with the Tonnage Certificate.
For full details of the registration requirements and appropriate Government Fees see Cayman Islands Shipping Registry (www.cishipping.com)To discuss your particular needs or to make a general enquiry as to registration of your vessel through the offices of Cayman Management please Contact us