Cayman Management works closely with owners, brokers, lawyers and intermediaries worldwide in the provision of yacht and ship registration services in the Cayman Islands.
The Cayman Registry is recognised the world over as the leading registry for super yachts and has the highest registered tonnage of such vessels in the world.
The Cayman Islands Shipping Registry(CISR) is a Category One British Registry, able to register any vessel of any size, age and type (except commercial fishing yachts), from small pleasure yachts to super tankers, provided the relevant standards are met.
Any vessel registered in the Cayman Islands is a “British ship” and is entitled to fly the Red Ensign flag (with or without the Cayman Islands insignia), and is under the protection of the Royal Navy.
The Cayman Islands provides a prompt and efficient vessel registration service.
Some of the many advantages of registering in the Cayman Islands are:
- A choice of three ports of registry – George Town, The Creek (Cayman Brac) or Bloody Bay (Little Cayman)
- Competitive registration, survey and tonnage fees
- Professional and skilled marine survey capability
- A stable political fiscal and social climate
- Absence of direct taxation reducing the tax burden of ownership and operation
- Quality banking, company management, legal and accounting services
- Full assistance of the British consular services worldwide
- Excellent relationship with the US Coastguard
- Modern comprehensive maritime legislation
- Cayman’s reputation is attractive to insurers and lenders
- Choice of a wide range of ownership structures
- Full range of available registration options including full, interim, provisional, under construction, and demise charter (bareboat), together with the registration of any associated mortgages
The Cayman Islands affords individuals and corporations who register their ships or yachts in these islands an unrivalled wealth of expertise. Cayman Management in particular offers an efficient and personalised service. To find out more Contact us.